The Pawp Emergency Fund covers unexpected pet emergencies so you don't have to deal with financial stress in an already stressful situation. An emergency is considered any serious, unexpected, and often dangerous situation requiring immediate medical attention.
Common emergencies include:
- Severe bleeding
- Choking & difficulty breathing
Our qualified and experienced team of veterinarians will evaluate your pet via our video chat feature. In order to determine the emergency, you are required to video call or provide a video recording of your pet at the time of speaking to our vets. Ultimately, it is at the discretion of our vets to determine if your pet needs immediate care and qualifies for the emergency fund. Each situation and pet is unique, and determining the emergency depends heavily on breed, age, weight and other characteristics. You will not have access to the emergency fund if the pet has been admitted prior to contacting one of our vets for funds.
All pets are covered in the event of an emergency, even if that emergency relates to a preexisting condition. The fund cannot be used to cover a planned surgery or issue-related appointment.
What is considered an emergency?
Our vets will determine whether your situation qualifies for the emergency fund based on the conditions stated below. The emergency fund only covers option 1: EMERGENCY.
- EMERGENCY - Must seek vet care immediately and leave for help now
- CRITICAL- Highly recommended that the pet be seen within 24 hours
- URGENT - The pet owner can make the next available appointment with their Vet (Within 3 days)
- NON-URGENT - May need to see a vet at some point in the future
- NO ACTION REQUIRED - Situation resolved
The emergency fund does NOT cover the following:
- Routine check-ups
- X-rays or ultrasounds unrelated to an emergency approved by our vets
- Prescription medications unrelated to an emergency approved by our vets
- Dental cleaning and routine procedures related to oral health
- Non-emergency surgeries
- Follow-up appointments for emergency care
- Secondary issues unrelated to an emergency approved by our vets
- Preexisting conditions unrelated to an emergency approved by our vets
- Any other medical procedure unrelated to an emergency
Please note, you will not qualify for your emergency fund if our Vets have previously recommended a visit to your vet clinic and you failed to comply. Waiting for medical care can result in an unnecessary emergency for your pet and we do not support medical negligence.